Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A Field of Wildflowers

Lets see, how are wildflowers like children? They are unique, interesting, and yes... wild. They are beautiful, hopeful, and a burst of bright color surrounded by intimidating mountains and mature trees. They are precious and fragile, and passers-by want to keep them just exactly as they are. A field of wildflowers is my future class looking back at me.
The question now is, what will I do with my flowers? Will I cause them to die by trampling on their dreams, or by taking away the sunny rays of hope for their future? Or will I nurture my students to see them bloom into different colors and shapes. Each one of them will need different things from me, and I will work as hard as I can to give each what he/she needs. They will all be different, and of course that is what makes them beautiful. After all, the alpine lupine wouldn't be my favorite if there was nothing to which I could compare.

1 comment:

  1. Wild and bursting, fragile and precious--wonderful, descriptive similes to help you focus on characteristics you can respond to.

    ReplyDelete